Double 04 Chocolate Valentine (page 113) – french chocolate arome

people always ask what chocolate to use. the answer is more than one: make two chocolate groups, each as deliciously taken by ROSE’S heavenly CAKES: Double Chocolate Valentine (page 113),

(1) an earthy, natural, minimally processed, and minimally flavored chocolate, such as hawaiian dark chocolate, for cakes where chocolate is presented with complimentary flavors; for example my take on the ‘deep passion wedding cake’ with the glorious vanilla beans or my take on ‘le succes’ with lemon tea ganache.

(2) a chocolate with long flavor profile (perceived sensations of bloosoms, nuts, woods, berries, spices, etc), meticulously processed, refined, single origin, year specific, aged, such as valrhona palmira, for cakes where chocolate is the main and only flavor, isn’t baked, and is mixed with less than a handful ingredients; for example my take of ‘le succes’ without adding lemon tea on the ganache or my take on the baby chocolate oblivion truffles.

listen up! there is one more secret of success: add one drop of french chocolate arome (i get mine’s from www.lacuisineus.com), and (1) and (2) above become a level higher! in my opinion, the french chocolate arome heightens existing chocolate flavors rather than adding new ones. i have found light on the dark side of my soul!

16 thoughts on “Double 04 Chocolate Valentine (page 113) – french chocolate arome

1. Julie says:

I love the essences from La Cuisine as well! My favorite so far is the Wild Strawberry, but I have yet to try the chocolate or pistachio. I’ll be in Washington next month, I hope I can make it to Alexandria for a visit to La Cuisine.

J, say hello to Nancy for me. I like to use the aromes on every name flavor cake, the key is to use VERY little about 1 drop per 2 cups of ganache, coffee cream, coconut frostings, strawberry preserves, ice cream, etc.

M, wild strawberry is a MUST, you can’t go wrong on everything that has strawberries. right now, i am using the chocolate one a lot, it is hard to explain what it does. pistachio is also a must since the nuts itself always lack flavor.

i wouldn’t make a strawberry cake without strawberries, or a chocolate cake without cocoa, or a tiramisu without coffee, or a pistachio cake without pistachio. the aromes are not a replacement for using the actual thing, instead, the aromes increase the flavor of existing flavors with the same name.

using aromes is a long old french pastry secret, and http://www.lacuisineus.com has made this available to consumers for many many years. the french aromes are top of the line. most of the grocery store essences you find at the baking isle, are a joke.

Loved the write up on the chocolate groups…creation continues to blow me!

French aromes..the next on my wish list 🙂

The link is a storehouse of knowledge and information on cake, simply fantastic! Thank you Hector !!!

Have’nt finished reading it as yet, going back to it, 🙂

Hector, the link provided has indeed led me on such a cake journey…Thanks again.

Came across some spectacular sites (apart frm the ones ‘ve seen so far) and brilliant information..some of the talent out there wants to make you cry…and so many good recipes out there in the offering!

Read abt the posting on the oils and aromes and the 15th March posting on increasing the mixing times in the 2 step mixing method for butter cakes which really helps since ‘ve encountered the crumbly cake problem too .

Hector, I don’t see the French Aromes in the product catalogue or when I did a search on their site…do you place a special order for these?

Wanet my auntie in the U.S to chek this out for me….

Thanks Hector, the link solved the problem.

I thought they were called French Aromes in the catalogue too. But they call it essences, right? Like the coconut essence, passionfruit essence etc…

All the best for the 41 people luncheon!