Baby 04 Chocolate Oblivions (page 371) – 2 times 12 isn’t close to 41!

even a master baker can take a 100% margin of error!  the recipe ROSE’S heavenly CAKES:  Baby Chocolate Oblivions (page 371) yields 12 cupcakes, so i planned to make 2 DOUBLE recipes for my 41 people lunch party.  however, i mistakenly measured ingredients and did prep work for only 2 SINGLE recipes, so ended up with only 24 cupcakes.  i don’t feel like making my kitchen dirty again, so these are all i can take:

the rest of the people at my 41 people lunch party will need to do by somehow else . . . only a master baker can get away with this saying!  stay tuned.

p.s. add 2 drops of La Cuisine’s french chocolate arome to the melted chocolate.  this brings heaven one level higher . . .

8 thoughts on “Baby 04 Chocolate Oblivions (page 371) – 2 times 12 isn’t close to 41!

Oh no. Too bad you measured wrong. They look so beautiful and perfect though! I wonder what you will serve for the rest of the people? Or did you simply have 2 people share a cupcake?

2. Phyllis says:

Hector, You are such a hoot! I Never don’t feel like baking…but I often can’t bear to dirty up the kitchen!!! Sometimes my “mis en place” takes up the end of the table for two days before I start my take!

Having neck pain today after baking 2 dozen yellow butter cupcakes yesterday to complete this take! But I am utterly satisfied with the result.

3. Phyllis says:

Hector, First feel better…I notice that your cupcake papers are not lined with paper cups. is that to make the unmolded little cakes sharper,i.e. more defined; like when we use Nordicware bundt pans? Rose used a silicone mold but I need more portability and traveling with them still protected by liners seem like the way to go. Thanks in advance.

P, this is a very liquid oily batter, I think would desintegrate paper liners or make them look oily wet which isn’t attractive. I am not removing the oblivions from the foil cups nor plating individually, that would mean neck surgery! Also I don’t think the foil liners would unmolding nicelly, but designed for peel and eat.

4. Phyllis says:

Thanks Hector,
    Peel and eat is fine for our vacation destination which also increases their shelf life a bit…yea! Your are so even and beautiful!

P, even? Because I fill them by weight and in grams. There is no better way. Use a large piping bag with a large opening.