here is how to take ROSE’S heavenly CAKES: Baby Chocolate Oblivions (page 371), step by step.
(1) melting chocolate and butter: glass bowl, microwave 30 second intervals with 2 minute resting, never letting the bowl become too warm, constant stirring between microwaving, the last bit should melt by just stirring while the glass bowl ends just barely warm to the touch.
(2) heating eggs: i use induction, never letting the pot become too hot to the touch, final temperature is 105-110 oF.
(3) whipping warm eggs: use the mixer’s highest speed, whip until the volume is 2x, but i often prefer 3x or even 4x.
(4) folding the chocolate mixture with the mixer at low speed: if you don’t whip the eggs till 3x or 4x in volume, it is best to fold the chocolate mixture by hand with a large spatula or skimmer.
(5) filling the cupcake pan by weigh: to keep things clean, use a large disposable pastry bag fitted with a large plain tip. using a small pastry bag causes more batter deflation.
(6) check oven temperature with a reliable oven thermometer.
p.s. add 2 drops of La Cuisine’s french chocolate arome to the melted chocolate. this brings heaven one level higher . . .