Fruitcake 06 Wreatth (page 79) – 6 month take

it is 6 months old, does rum get better with time? it does on fruitcake!

i can’t begin to describe the aroma when removing the foil wrap of my aging ROSE’S heavenly CAKES: Fruitcake Wreath (page 79). the alcohol evaporated, but the sweetness stayed:

back in the wraps with additional dark rum:

and a creative sprinkle of mauritus dark brown sugar:

it was today’s calling:

10 thoughts on “Fruitcake 06 Wreatth (page 79) – 6 month take

J, cake, apple up down, unripe apple banana 5slices cake, bb choc oblivion, rasp mousseline 1ea cake, choc ic sandwich, strawberry 3+5slices cake, choc ic sandwich, guava, cupcake 1ea cake, classic carrot, canola oil 15financiers cake, des choco bb grand 1+3ea cake, des choco bb grand, lucuma 1ea cake, des choco bb grand, ganache top 1ea cake, des choco bb grand, machiato 1ea cake, des choc bb grands, base, over 10% yolk sugar, ic sandw 6ea? + 1ea cake, double chocolate valentine, cocoa/h2o/but, yolk/h20/van 1x cake, ladyfingers, good shape 26ea, average shape 26ea, bad shape 13ea, 10″ disc. cake, le succes, succes only, mac 4×6” piece cake, pandoro, italy 3×1/2slices cake, red velvet, beet, financiers w/frosting dollops 5ea cake, yellow butter cupcake, burnt o smbc boyajian 4ea cake, yellow fruit shortcake, papaya, pineapple, passion 1slice

• Jenn says:

Oh boy! I was expecting a dozen, not 30! That is amazing Hector. Thanks for indulging my curiousity :).

J, was it really 30? i just copy and paste what i had on my spreadsheet! LOL.

M, that is one great analogy! It tasted very refined, melow, not overly sweet which perhaps come from the inheritant bitter of the orange peel roses. I don’t think this tastes like cake anymore, but as some new food and flavor that is produced after many months of been in touch together.

I am having a lot of fun tasting it thru the months. It feels like a new type of cake each time.

I do have it since February stored at my 46oF cake only fridge.

I don’t perceive ANY rancid taste from the nuts, nor stale flour taste from the cake. The peel roses are also in perfect shape. More so, I am still loving to tell!

Fruit cakes are an all time favourite in the parts where I live, no other cake sells as much as fruit cakes here!

And, you have a bakery in your fridge, Hector!!!

S, i am certain fruitcake in india is much more upgraded than the common fruitcake in the usa.

and regarding my cake freezer, lets just say there is not a single occasion where hector doesn’t take cake!

H, honestly, I got to 20 and only halfway through the comment’s length, so I stopped counting.
    Just recounted, and I got 33, and those are counting the ladyfingers as 1 item, and counting the “yellow fruit shortcake, papaya, pineapple, passion 1slice” as 1 item (instead of 3 for each fruit).
    I’m amazed that you have it on spreadsheet, though it makes sense as it’s easier to keep track that way than digging through the freezer!

J, well thx for counting. I have it on iPhone notes and re-sort alphabetically with excel or numbers. Hardly ever do I print it.